1) Board Governance: Works with the board in order to fulfill the organization mission
- Responsible for leading GO! in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops sufficient resources to ensure the financial health of the organization
- Responsible for fundraising to support GO!’s mission.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of GO! to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget and ensures maximum resource utilization and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of GO!’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that GO! can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Engage in strategic planning and implementation.
- Plan and oversee projects within the constraints of the annual budget.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other mission organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance GO!’s Mission.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Oversee marketing and other communication efforts.
- Execution of other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- An associate’s degree.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Prior senior nonprofit management experience, including working with a Board of Directors.
- High-level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor-relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- A strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- A willingness to travel to Guyana twice yearly.
- A familiarity with Guyanese culture is not required, but preferred.